- 1.250 litre of white flour (you may replace 250 ml of flour with whole wheat flour)
- 30 ml of baking powder plus 2.5 ml baking soda
- 5 ml salt
- 10 ml or more cinnamon
- 5 ml or more of nutmeg
- 6 large eggs
- 325 ml brown sugar
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 60 ml butter melted
- 5 ml vanilla
- 750 ml of grated raw pumpkin
- 2 oranges blanched in boiling water and chopped very finely
- Caster sugar or granulated maple sugar to sprinkle.
Preheat oven at 325 Fahrenheit or 160 Celsius. Line two 30 cm, 12 inches loaf pan.
Sift together all dry dry ingredients. Beat together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla until the mixture gets light and sugar is disolved, add oil and butter and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients, the pumpkin, the cranberries and the oranges mix until well incorporated.
Pour in loaf pans, sprinkle withcaster sugar and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out lean.